What you should expect from any officiant
- Being flexible and never in the way of what the couple wants
- Being patient and understanding with everyone involved in the wedding
- Being non-judgmental of a couple's circumstances or situation in life
- Being professionally dressed and punctual
- Keeping agreements -- doing what they say they will do
- Being and staying organized
- Being accessible and readily available by phone and/or e-mail
- Being enthusiastic about the ceremony and helping to make it the best it can be for the couple
Ceremonies I will perform
- I will perform secular, ecumenical or nominally religious ceremonies. If you want a
high religious ceremony, I may not be your best choice.
- I will do "quickie" weddings with only a short notice.
- I will do "unusual" and unique weddings -- just ask!
- I will perform a ceremony anywhere in Ohio or in any other state that recognizes by authority to solemnize marriages.
- I do not require a meeting beforehand, but I do recommend that we discuss the ceremony.
I won't perform ceremonies that feel wrong to me for any reason.
- I will officiate Pagan ceremonies but you will be responsible for most of the ceremony design. If you
want male and female figures represented, my wife may be available, too.
- I will officiate gay union ceremonies with the same dignity as straight unions.
What I won't do:
- I won't jump out of planes or go underwater (although standing
in water is o.k.!).
- I won't do weddings involving satanism.
- I won't do anything illegal.
- I won't do any ceremony that I believe is wrong for any reason.