Click on a title to purchase it or see more info!
African-American Wedding Readings by Tamara Nikuradse
- A beautiful treasury of prose, poetry, and song, "African-American Wedding Readings" offers a complete range of selections for every significant nuptial moment, culled from such diverse sources as the Bible, prose and poetry from past and contemporary writers, love letters, and hymns.
Ceremonies and Celebrations: Vows, Tributes and Readings by Dally Messenger
- This completely updated and expanded handbook, formerly entitled Ceremonies for Today contains vows, tributes and readings suitable for all manner of contemporary occasions - weddings, funerals, graduations, stepfamily unions, even divorce. Each occasion is handled with sensitivity and relevance, guaranteeing the handbook remains a classic for civil celebrants and those seeking a ceremony with a personal touch. Dally Messenger is the National President of the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants.
Into The Garden: A Wedding Anthology : Poetry and Prose on Love and Marriage by Robert Hass
- For brides and grooms who want to give their weddings new depth and meaning, two acclaimed poet-translators have gathered a stunning collection of poems and prose that will add a unique and personal dimension to the ceremony. Includes examples of wedding ceremonies from various cultures
The Knot's Complete Guide to Weddings in the Real World: The Ultimate Source of Ideas, Advice, and Relief for the Bride and Groom and Those Who Love Them by Carley Roney
- Overwhelmed by the countless questions and details that planning your wedding entails? Don't despair! The Knot's Complete Guide to Weddings helps you make all the critical decisions and takes you step-by-step from your engagement to the big day, from the reception to the honeymoon. Inside you'll find checklists, worksheets, true tales, and insider advice.
The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions: Readings, Rituals, Music, Dances, Speeches, and Toasts by Carley Roney
- When planning for the big day, it's very easy to get caught up in beaded white dresses, boutonnieres, and how many platters of mini crab cakes to order, but the most important part of the wedding is the most-often overlooked--the ceremony itself. A wedding ceremony can vary hugely depending on the religious (or not) beliefs of the couple, their cultural backgrounds, and their personal preferences. The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions can help you sort through all the choices and come up with just the right vows and music for you and your intended.
The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiquette, Calendars, & Answers to Frequently Asked Questions by Carley Roney
- This practical companion to The Knot Complete Guide to Weddings in the Real World acts as a stand-alone guide to the nuts and bolts of planning a wedding. The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner is where the bride and groom can record wedding ideas, create budget guidelines, check items off their to-do list, generate the guest list, store contact information for their wedding vendors, and get tips and advice on the best way to plan their big day.
A Wedding Ceremony To Remember: Perfect Words for the Perfect Wedding by Marty Younkin
- This is the second edition of the best selling book which now includes 9 complete up-to-date ceremonies for today's modern bride. There is no other book like it in that you can choose a ceremony "as it is written" or you can use the worksheets in the back of the book to mix and match elements from each of the different ceremonies to make it more personal. You can even add personal information from other resources. There are also additional Wedding Vows, Ring Exchange Vows, Readings, Prayers and/or Blessings, and Wedding Traditions from which to choose.
Wedding Readings: Centuries of Writing and Rituals on Love and Marriage by Eleanor Munro
- Appropriate for either traditional or informal, sacred or secular wedding ceremonies, a collection of writings on love and commitment includes psalms, poems, and prose, including Native American love songs, African prayers, Buddhist homilies, and works by Plato, Donne, Emily Dickinson, Shakespeare, and others.
With These Words...I Thee Wed: Contemporary Wedding Vows for Today's Couples by Barbara Eklof
- Eklof offers a delightful sampling of vows for use in virtually any setting-older couples, younger couples, vow renewals, holiday weddings, and even special exchanges for those remarrying after a divorce!
Words for the Wedding: Creative Ideas for Choosing and Using Hundreds of Quotations to Personalize Your Vows, Toasts, Invitations, & More by Wendy Paris
- With hundreds of classical and contemporary poems, quotes, quips, and blessings to choose from, no one involved in the wedding celebration will be at a loss for words. And, unlike other guides, Words for the Wedding takes readers beyond vows and explains (with examples) not only how to make a great toast but how to use quotes inventively for pre-wedding parties, invitations, receptions, and more! A must-have guide for anyone involved with a wedding.
Words for Your Wedding : The Wedding Service Book by David Glusker
- For vows that couples will never forget, this do-it-yourself guide is the reference book on the words spoken at a wedding. Includes Protestant, Roman Catholic, Ecumenical, Jewish, and civil ceremony traditions